Sunday, December 13, 2009

Breakfast w/ Santa!

We met up last Saturday morning w/ the Bryant's and enjoyed breakfast w/ Santa at Del Frisco's here in Charlotte. I had already prepared myself that Laney was NOT going to enjoy Santa (I even warned the sweet family behind us in line). She recently has this fear of "strangers", so I knew that  a big man dressed in a furry red suit w/ gloves & a big hat wasn't going to be her thing - but we tried anyway.


Breakfast with Santa is a wonderful event put on here in town for Ace & TJ's Grin Kids. All proceeds from this even benefit this wonderful charity for children with disabilities. I couldn't think of a more perfect way to visit Santa & enjoy breakfast with wonderful friends!

Well, it was true - Laney did NOT like Santa & would not let go of her daddy when he tried to put her in Santa's lap. He tried really hard, but she was like a cat clinging to a tree for dear life. I think Santa thought Mic was going to try to sit on his lap too! Needless to say, we got our picture with Santa, but only because Mic knelt down in front of Santa with a crying toddler on his lap. A very interesting experience, I must say.


Afterwards, we headed downstairs and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with Alan, Leigh & Tucker! Tucker is growing so fast & is so handsome! He even tried sharing his toys with Laney, but I think she was still traumatized from the whole experience.

In all, it was a great morning of making memories! Next year, hopefully Laney will enjoy Santa - I'm not putting money on it!

No comments: