Mine & Kaitlin's team!!!!!!! Yeah!! The Sunday before Christmas, my girlfriends & I decided to have a "Gingerbread House" making contest! We lounged around, ate dinner together & watched Christmas movies...we had so much fun! Raegan, thanks again for hosting all of us crazy girls! Kaitlin, we're glad you got to watch "Christmas Vacation" for the first time! (Wow, huh??)

I brought Laney for the first part of the night! She got an awesome alligator xylophone from Aunt Raegan & a fabulous UNC cheerleader outfit from Kaitlin (well, Mic thinks it's awesome...and I guess I do too, on her) . Thanks again guys!
Later, the contest began & you could definitely feel the seriousness come over the room. We divided into

teams & off we went. We had the same amount of supplies - so we had to be very creative! Kaitlin & I thought out each wall of the house & planned before anything was touched! We included flower boxes, windows, a front door, and even a cul-de-sac w/ a Christmas tree. Raegan & Andrea's roof definitely was superior to ours. I think some one's ADD kicked in...hmm! We were all
very careful not to even look into the other team's room where they were so meticulously working.

We finished our masterpieces & took pictures from all sides. We then sent them via picture-message to 3 people who would then judge them & choose their favorite. Again, Raegan & Andrea's roof was by far the best, but mine & Kaitlin's won over all!! We were so excited!! We now have bragging rights for a whole year, because yes, there will be another contest next Christmas!
I enjoyed this night so much & love being able to share memories like these with such

wonderful friends! I love you all & cherish the times we've had & I look forward to the many, fun times ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment